IPG Board of Directors Call for Nominations Deadline
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The International Peace Garden (IPG) is seeking candidates to serve on the Board of Directors. A complete nomination will include:
1.) Letter of nomination from a Lifetime or Annual IPG member.
2.) Nominee’s biography, resume or CV.
3.) Completed Nominee Questionnaire.
Nomination deadline is February 15. Nomination documents may be mailed or emailed to the IPG Governance Committee. Elections are held in the spring during the Annual General Meeting.
About the Board: The Board of Directors creates a vision for IPG and provides advice and policy direction to the CEO. The board is made up of 14 to 20 members, an equal number from each country. Board members are elected to three-year terms and may be re-elected; the maximum length of service is 15 years. One member each is appointed by the Governor of North Dakota and Premier of Manitoba, the remaining members are elected.
Board member responsibilities:
• Maintain Annual or Lifetime IPG membership
• Attend quarterly board meetings (minimum)
• Participate in at least one standing committee, which meets at least quarterly.
• Support IPG fundraising efforts.
• Communicate with staff and fellow board members via email and attend online meetings.
• Absorb personal travel expenses related to Board and IPG activities.